Vacorda tell you instruction of Turbine flowmeter
Author:vacorda Source:www.vacorda.com Date: 2020-07-27 15:56:19
The fluid impacts the turbine blades and causes the turbine to rotate. The speed of the turbine changes with the change of the flow. When the flow is large, the speed of the turbine is also high. The magnetoelectric conversion device converts the speed of the turbine into electric pulses of corresponding frequency, which is amplified by the preamplifier. After that, it is sent to the display instrument for counting and display, and the instantaneous flow rate and cumulative flow rate can be obtained according to the number of pulses and cumulative pulse number per unit time.
1. High accuracy, generally up to ±1%R, ±0.5%R, high-precision type up to ±0.2%R (R refers to reading error);
2. Good repeatability, short-term repeatability can reach 0.05%~0.2%. Because of its good repeatability, such as frequent calibration or online calibration can get extremely high accuracy, it is preferred in trade settlement Flowmeter;
3. Output pulse frequency signal, suitable for total measurement and connection with computer, no zero drift, strong anti-interference ability;
4. A very high frequency signal (3～4kHz) can be obtained, and the signal resolution is strong;
5. Wide range ratio, medium and large diameters can reach 1:20, and small diameters are 1:10;
6. Compact and lightweight structure, convenient installation and maintenance, large circulation capacity;
7. Suitable for high-pressure measurement, no holes are required on the meter body, and it is easy to make high-pressure meters
8. There are many types of special sensors, which can be designed as various special sensors according to the special needs of users, such as low temperature type, two-direction type, special type for sand mixing, etc.;
9. It can be made into a plug-in type, suitable for large-caliber measurement, with low pressure loss, low price, continuous flow removal, easy installation and maintenance.
(1) It is better to use 316 stainless steel in the selected area of the flowmeter body to prevent corrosion;
(2) Bearings generally have three specifications: tungsten carbide, polytetrafluoroethylene, and carbon graphite: tungsten carbide has the highest accuracy and is used as a standard part of industrial control; PTFE and carbon graphite can be anti-corrosion, generally preferred in chemical sites . The life velocity of the bearing is proportional to the square of the flow velocity, so the best velocity is 1/3 of the maximum velocity.
(3) The voltage output value of the solenoid coil is close to a sine curve, and the frequency range of the pulse signal changes linearly with the measured flow rate;
(4) The induction probe detects the movement of the rotating body and converts it into a pulse digital electrical signal. The voltage output value of its electromagnetic coil is close to a sinusoidal curve. The frequency range of the pulse signal changes linearly with the measured flow rate. The typical range is 10 :1, 25:1 and 100:1 three specifications. The resistance of the electromagnetic coil is generally less than 2000Ω, and it may be damaged if it is greater than this value.
1. The power cord of the transmitter adopts metal shielded wire, and the grounding must be good and reliable. The power supply is DC 24V, 650Ω impedance;
2. The transmitter should be installed horizontally, avoid vertical installation, and ensure that there are suitable straight pipe sections before and after it, generally 10D at the front and 5D at the back;
3. Ensure that the flow direction of the fluid is consistent with the direction of the arrow on the instrument casing and cannot be installed reversely;
4. The measured medium must not corrode the turbine, especially the bearing, otherwise measures should be taken;
5. Be careful not to collide with the magnetic induction part.
1. Before installing the turbine flowmeter, the pipeline should be cleaned. When the measured medium is not clean, add a filter. Otherwise, the turbine and bearing are easy to be stuck, and the flow cannot be measured.
2. When disassembling and installing the flowmeter, do not collide with the magnetic induction part.
3. Before putting into operation, set the meter coefficient. Check carefully to make sure that the wiring of the meter is correct and the grounding is good, then power can be sent.
4. When installing the turbine flowmeter, the front and rear pipe flanges should be level, otherwise the pipe stress will have a great influence on the flowmeter.
For more about turbine flowmeter or other types of flow meters, pls just contact us, we will provide you with the suitable solution.